With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, we have rounded up an assortment of breakfast ideas.
- Start the morning off with love for this “Green” Red Smoothie using beets from Clean Eating magazine:
1 large beet (or 2 small beets)
4 mandarin oranges
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup pineapple chunks
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
Beet greens and stems (or 2 cups spinach or kale)
2 cups water (or coconut water)
p style=”text-align:center;”> INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Wash and peel the beets raw. This will eliminate the dirt flavor beets may have.
2. Blend the greens and water until smooth.
3. Add the remainder of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- or keep it traditional with Martha Stewart’s Heart-Shaped Eggs and Toast:
- The rich color of raspberries, blackberries, strawberries and blueberries will easily scream Valentine’s Day love! Put them on a kabob or serve in a heart-shaped cutout or try this Frozen Fruity Yoghurt Bites recipe from Eats Amazing: