The new year left us looking for something full of healthy fats and plenty of protein, after over indulging on all the goodies full of grains and sugars over the holidays. We had fun, but our body was ready for some good old nourishment.
And because we feel a bit lacking in the breakfast department (scrambled eggs with plenty of veggies become more than boring after a while) this breakfast bowl was a new, exciting departure from the ordinary. It’s so simple and filling, you might as well give it a try too!
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1-2 Tablespoons cilantro
- squeeze of half a lime
- half a small cayenne (or pepper of choice) pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel, cut and quarter hard boiled eggs.
- Place in bowl and top with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate bowl, place one diced avocado.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lime over the diced avocado.
- Mix 1-2 T cilantro, salt, and pepper into avocado and lime.
- Top the eggs with the avocado mixture.
- Sprinkle with the sliced/chopped pepper for a little spice.
*Fills up 1 happy tummy.
Want to know more about the whys and whats of healthy fats? Read our post called, Don’t Fight the Good Fat.