There are many ways to give this Holiday season. Here are a variety:
Operation Christmas Child from Samaritan’s Purse
You still have time to drop off a box. Collection dates are November 16-23. Or you can donate to Samaritan’s Purse directly. There are many drop off sites. You can use one of the Operation Christmas Child “shoe” boxes or use a plastic container with a lid. The specific dimensions and gift recommendations are all on their website.
Samaritan’s Purse is an evangelical Christian humanitarian organization that provides aid to people in physical need as a key part of Christian missionary work.
Heifer International is a nonprofit working to eradicate poverty and hunger through sustainable, values-based holistic community development.
Wounded Warrior Project
Wounded Warrior Project is a charity and veterans service organization that offers a variety of programs, service and events for wounded veterans of the military actions following the events of September 11, 2001.
Your Local Hospice Organization
Hospice care is specialized end of life care, supporting all needs. You could consider a monetary donation to your local hospice organization or consider volunteering your time.
Pay it Forward or be the starter for Pay it Forward:
- Pay for the coffee behind you
- Shovel your neighbor’s driveway
- Offer to pick up your neighbor’s groceries
- Pick up trash on your walk
- Roll your neighbor’s trash bins back towards their home after pick up day
- Smile at everyone you encounter on this day and genuinely inquire how their day is going
- Call a friend you’ve been meaning to call but haven’t made the time to just do it
- Invite the new mom in town over for coffee
Donate new or gently used coats and/or winter hats and gloves to your local coat drive.
Donate food items to your local food bank.
Consider some holiday shopping through:
- Your local craft/holiday bazaar
- Locally-made gift shops
- Shopping in your local downtown. November 28th is Small Business Saturday.
- ‘Give-back’ organizations such as Bought Beautifully and ProjectFree2Fly
Need more holiday shipping ideas? See our His and Her Christmas Gift Guide.